Banana bread recipe
Banana bread is delicious cake that can be enjoyed by the whole family. There are so many recipes out there to choose from, here is Seasoned’s favourite banana bread recipe in a simple step-by-step guide.
This recipe is rich and moist, so we don’t find that we need to top it with anything – but feel free to add a banana buttercream if you fancy!
Banana Bread Ingredients
- 100g of sultanas
- 75 ml of brandy
- 175g of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 125g of butter, softened
- 150g of caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 large or 4 small ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 60g of walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon on vanilla bean paste
1) Pre heat oven, 175°C/gas mark 3/325°F and line a loaf tin (23cm x 13cm x 7cm) with grease proof paper
2) Mix together sultanas and brand in a pan and bring to the boil
3) Remove from heat, leave until sultanas have absorbed most of the liquid
4) Mix together flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
5) In a separate bowl mix the butter & sugar until pale and fluffy, beat in the eggs one at a time.
6) Add bananas then stir in the walnuts, sultanas and vanilla
7) Add the flour mixture gradually
8) Put into loaf tin and bake for 1 – 1 ¼ hours
If you would like to learn more about baking, visit our website and look at our baking courses all of which are taught by Great British Bake Off finalists.