Looking for fun food and drink activities to do this year with family & friends? We’ve created a list of exciting food and drink activities for you, from Gin Festivals, Chocolate Making Courses to Afternoon Tea treats & Fine Dining, we’ve got something for everyone.
Food and Drink activities in the Midlands
- Wine Tasting at Worth Brothers Wines in Lichfield host private wine tasting events, with hundreds of wines to choose from they can tailor the event to suit you so that you’re evening is fun and relaxed.
- Home Smoking is topping the foodie trends of 2016 according to The Telegraph with smoking all foods including vegetables, meats & fish. Why not join Seasoned Cookery School on their Curing & Smoking Course on Sunday 21st February 2016, with Hot Smoking expert Turan Turan. On this course you will learn how to hot & cold smoke meats & fish as well as salting and brining, leaving you with confidence to re-create the new techniques at home.
- Enjoy a delicious Afternoon tea at Hoar Cross Hall priced at £19.50 pp & choose from traditional Afternoon tea or Champagne options & savour a range of sandwiches, scones and sweet treats.
- Theirs a huge variety of fantastic restaurants in the Midlands, allowing you to enjoy fine foods & creative dishes by expert chefs. Join Sat Bains for an 8 course Taster Menu starting from £85pp at Two Michelin starred Restaurant Sat Bains in Notthingham. Alternatively Glynn Purnell’s 6 or 8 course winter menu’s at Purnell’s restaurant in Birmingham starts at £68pp, Purnell’s was awarded a Michelin star for his bold and innovative cooking style.
- Treat yourself to delicious Chocolate treat of Seasoned Cookery Schools Chocolate Course with former Chocolatier Barry Collenso, learn how to temper chocolate, make a scrumptious chocolate ganache & chocolate shells.
- The largest Gin Festival in England is touring the UK this Spring and arrives in Nottingham on Saturday 16th April. This is the perfect event for all the gin lovers, with over 100 gins to try and taste with lots of delicious tonics and garnishes – tickets are £7.50pp.
- Learn some top Tapas tips as Seasoned Cookery School on our Tapas Course with Fabricio Cano Davila who has spent many years travelling around Spain gaining vast knowledge of the Spanish Culture. You’ll learn how to make traditional tapas dishes such as Patatas Bravas & Ham Croquetas.
- You can’t beat tradition English pubs & restaurants and the Midlands has many outstanding pubs, where you can enjoy food & drink with friends and family. The Black Horse is a fantastic restaurant, serving Champagne Breakfasts, Lunch, Dinner & an A La Carte Menu, in the beautiful surroundings of the small town, Market Bosworth. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a great pub, The Bulls Head at Repton is renowned for its perfect pizzas, great food & friendly atmosphere!!
For more fun food and drink activities visit Seasoned Cookery School, who have a range of fun & inspirational Cookery Courses.