Ten Free cookery days to give away to community groups
In 2020, Seasoned turns 10. To celebrate this milestone, we want to give away 10 days at the cookery school to groups working with, and in, different communities. Whether you’re a school, a charity, a sports team or a local community group, we’d love you to come and spend the day with us. As a group you’ll be creating delicious food together, and some great stories and memories.
There’s no cost to your group, and we can take groups between 12 and 18 people, including children over the age of 8. We want to celebrate what we do by helping you to celebrate everything your group does. We have 10 slots to fill throughout 2020, and we design the day with you and your group’s needs.
Our previous community days have included:
- Workshops for carers and young carers, learning new dishes to make for the people they care for, while also enjoying a fun day out with others in a similar situation
- Teenage Cancer Trust workshops, teaching crowd pleasing, tasty and healthy dishes to support good nutrition and recovery
- ‘Cooking for University’ for 6th form school groups
- “Food for winning” for the British Swimming team, who learnt to cook nutritious, simple dishes using a range of basic cookery techniques
- A sociable day out for injured service personnel and their partners, spending time with others in a similar position
- “Junior bake off “ for some of our local primary and secondary schools. They had their own masterclass with a Bake Off finalist, and got competitive with each other.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch.
These days are entirely free to your group. We provide all the ingredients and equipment you need for any day that we create. All we ask in return is that you talk about the day with your group and supporters, on your website or newsletters, however you all keep in touch.
We can give you plenty of materials to use before and after the event, from photographs to recipes. If you’re going to be looking for participants for the day, then feel free to use these to drum up interest. Our experience is that you’ll possibly end up with a waiting list!
Other things to know
Seasoned is located in the grounds of the Catton Estate, easily accessible from the M6, M1 and A50. We have plenty of free parking right on site.
Timing and Dates:
We’ll work with you to agree a midweek date that works for your group.
We leave it up to you to fill the slots we have available on the day, and will support you with materials for your promotion. We can take groups ideally between 12 and 18 people.
There is no charge for the day, just get yourselves here (and home again) and we’ll take care of the rest.
Ready to nominate your community group?
Great! Fill in the boxes below and let us know a bit more about your group. We promise to make this a day to remember for you all, with some delicious food to go with it. Remember, we only have 10 days to give away, so get your nomination in now.
If you’ve got any questions before you nominate, then feel free to ring the office on 01283 711681.